Operations Section Chief
Building upon the basic foundations of the Incident Command System, Operations Section Chief is designed to provide government and private industry emergency management and response personnel with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Operations Section Chief (OSC) on an Incident Management Team at the Type 2 level. These responsibilities fall into two categories:
- Response to the incident and command needs of the incident; and
- Effectively fulfilling the position responsibilities of an Incident Commander on an ICS Incident Management Team.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, hands-on approach to mastering the skills required of an Operations Section Chief.
Please Note: 75% of funding for the course fees as a rebate to support professional development and safety within organizations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-506-333-2555 for more information, restrictions apply.
Specific Course Topics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Interactions with Incident Management Team members
- Responding to Command’s direction
- Coordination and Interaction
- Managing On-Scene Operations
- Determining resource requirements
- Documenting actions
- Operational Risk Assessment Process
- Meetings, Briefings, Planning Process and Support Activities
- Exercise Learning Components
Responders selected to fill the Type 2 Operations Section Chief position
3 days (24 hours)
Please note: All our courses are set according to eastern time zone, which is Toronto time.