Logistics Section Chief
Building upon ICS foundation courses, Logistics Section Chief is designed to provide government and private industry emergency management and response personnel with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Logistics Section Chief on an Incident Management team. These responsibilities fall into two categories:
- Responding to the incident; and
- Effectively fulfilling the position responsibilities of a Logistics Section Chief on an ICS Incident Management Team.
This course is an instructor-led training that supports learning through discussion, lecture, and active participation in multiple exercises that provides a realistic, hands-on approach to mastering the skills required of a Logistics Section Chief.
Please Note: 75% of funding for the course fees as a rebate to support professional development and safety within organizations. Please contact email@example.com or 1-506-333-2555 for more information, restrictions apply.
Specific Course Topics
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Logistics Section
- Initial Response and Transition to On-going Operations
- Coordination and Interaction
- Determining Logistical support and service requirements
- Developing a right size logistics organization
- Providing support to IMT customers
- Incident Resources
- Resource Requesting and Ordering
- Incident Communications
- Incident Facilities
- Involvement in meetings, briefings, and other support activities
- IAP Planning Process
Responders designated to fill the Type 2 Logistics Section Chief position
3 Days (24 hours)
Note: All our courses are set at eastern time zone, which is Toronto time.